I must be getting old, because I opened my last Hanukkah gift from Mom last night (it was the last night of Hanukkah) and I was actually darn happy to have a new set of bedsheets! They're aquamarine and very soft. I made my bed with them and cleaned my room last night, and that was my New Year's Eve. Sara and I were watching Speed at midnight, like we did last year, but neither of us could stay awake through the end. I guess we're both getting old.
Anyway, here are some lists for 2016: most played songs of 2016, movies I watched, and books I read. What a year it was. I didn't listen to a lot of new music this year, because of the radio in Muse Watson being broken for so long. Anything released in 2015-16 qualifies as new.
Most-Played Songs of 2016: "Old"
Doctor My Eyes, Jackson Browne, 201
The Boys of Summer, Don Henley, 183
Let the River Run, Carly Simon, 180
Live Like a Warrior, Matisyahu, 171
Opportunity, Quvenzhane Wallis, 169
Welcome to New York, Taylor Swift, 169
Sunday Morning, Maroon 5, 168
I Won't Say I'm in Love, Hercules, 168
50 Ways to Say Goodbye, Train, 167
I'd Really Love to See You Tonight, England Dan & John Ford Coley, 166
Most-Played Songs of 2016: New
When We Were Young, Adele, 184
Stand By You, Rachel Platten, 184
See You Again, Wiz Khalifa, 181
Piece by Piece, Kelly Clarkson, 175
Send My Love (to Your New Lover), Adele 167
Brand New, Ben Rector, 153
Crazy Youngsters, Pitch Perfect 2, 150
Cake by the Ocean, DNCE, 136
Just Like Fire, P!nk, 131
Seven Years, Lukas Graham, 121
I saw a lot of young actress movies this year, and for the most part, they were darn good!
Child/young actress movies I watched in 2016:
1) An American Haunting (2005), Rachel Hurd-Wood
2) The Benefactor (2015), Dakota Fanning
3) The Conjuring 2 (2016), Madison Wolfe
4) Infinitely Polar Bear (2014), Ashley Aufderheide & Iomogene Wolodarsky
5) Ghost World (2001), Thora Birch & Scarlett Johansson
6) The Great Gilly Hopkins (2016), Clare Foley & Sophie Nelisse
7) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015), Jennifer Lawrence & Willow Shields
8) Hurt (2009), Johanna Braddy & Sofia Vassilieva
9) Lamb (2015), Oona Laurence
10) A Little Romance (1979), Diane Lane
11) Lost River (2014), Saoirse Ronan
12) The Magic of Belle Isle (2012), Madeline Carroll, Emma Fuhrmann, & Nicolette Pierini
13) The Nice Guys (2016), Angourie Rice
14) Nerve (2016), Emma Roberts
15) Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension (2015), Ivy George
16) Polly! (1989), Keshia Knight-Pulliam
17) Regression (2015), Emma Watson
18) Steve Jobs (2015), Perla Haney-Jardine, Makenzie Moss, & Ripley Sobo
19) This Property Is Condemned (1966), Mary Badham
20) Trumbo (2015), Elle Fanning
21) The VVitch (2015), Anya Taylor-Joy
22) X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), Sophie Turner
Lists for previous years: 2015, 2014, 2012, and 2011.
Non young-actress movies I saw in 2016: Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Boy, Crimson Peak, Don't Breathe, Florence Foster Jenkins, Green Room, Lights Out, The Martian, The Night Before, Pan, The Shallows, Star Wars: Episode 7 - The Force Awakens, We Are Still Here, Zootopia.
on your journey, i will bless you...
...and you will be a blessing
- Rebecca woke up early just to compile all her lists for 2016.